Office Coordinator and Receptionist
We help artists make the work they imagine. LUMBERYARD Contemporary Performing Arts is the only organization in the United States dedicated to providing technical residencies that culminate in out-of-town premieres.
At our campus in Catskill, NY (opening Spring 2019) and at partner venues in New York City, we provide artists and their companies with at least one week of unrestricted theater access prior to a premiere. This includes a fee, dedicated use of our production staff, equipment, and production materials as well as photo/video documentation, housing and meals during the residency. Each residency concludes with a premiere of the artist’s work.
LUMBERYARD’s work ensures a strong future for contemporary performing arts: ARTISTS receive sufficient technical support for their new works, THEATERS benefit by presenting work that is ready for the public, and AUDIENCES see adventurous and technically exciting new work.
LUMBERYARD is hiring an Office Coordinator and Receptionist for our NYC Headquarters.
You will act as the ‘face’ of our company and ensure visitors receive a warm and energetic welcome. You will also coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, meetings and office management action items.
You should have a pleasant, outgoing personality and a dynamic, professional and can-do attitude.
- Manage incoming calls and transfer calls to recipient
- Welcome visitors
- Coordinate meetings and in-office events/receptions, including set-up and refreshments/catering
- Ensure front desk is tidy
- Ensure office supplies area is tidy and has all necessary stationery and material
- Monitor stock and order office supplies
- Manage kitchen area, including ordering snacks and coordinating water deliveries
- Liaise with Tech Support
- Collect and distribute mail; coordinate deliveries, courier and postal needs
- Manage cleaning and trash removal services
- Manage rental desk tenants
- Liaise with building management and “super”
- Prepare and monitor office supplies budget
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Ensure company’s safety and security policies
- Troubleshoot emergencies
- Previous office experience; internships are acceptable; bonus points for previous experience as a receptionist or office manager
- Ability to quickly pick up and master office technology (including VOIP phone system)
- Hands-on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Availability to work nights and weekends during our performance seasons
Applicants should send their resumés and cover letters to email@example.com.